FERPA Training for Students
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting FERPA training.
FERPA Training for Staff Members
All new faculty and staff of Seattle Pacific University are required to successfully complete training in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Training must be complete before any employee can request access to Administrative Banner or other campus resources that include data that is protected by FERPA (such as the Admissions CRM). FERPA training is available online through Skillsoft which can be accessed from spu.edu > mySPU > view all > Faculty & Staff, under the Employment section. The tutorial will take approximately 30 minutes, and you will be required to complete several assessments.
FERPA training has to be re-taken if it has been more than one year since an employee last took it and are requesting access to a resource that they didn't have in the past year.
To access Skillsoft for the first time:
- Navigate to the SPU applications site http://web-apps.spu.edu/apps#facstaff and choose the Skillsoft application
- If you are already logged in to an SPU resource that required authentication you should be automatically logged into Skillsoft
- If you are prompted for login credentials provide your User ID: your SPU login name (without the @spu.edu ) and Password
- If you encounter any issues at all including logging in or playing content on the site, please contact Skillsoft’s Technical Support Team available 24x7 via phone, email or Live Chat.
- Phone: 1-866-SKIL-HELP or 1-866-754-5435, Email: Support@Skillsoft.com, Live Chat: http://support.skillsoft.com/livehelp/
To access the FERPA training:
- Once logged into Skillsoft, click on View Learning Plan at the top of the screen.
- Then select Assigned Learning tab. The training is called FERPA for Higher Education.
- Once the training has been selected and is opened, click on the Launch button next to the picture.
- There are five components to the training–the Lesson Pre-Test, the three Instruction modules, and the Post- Test.
- For this training to be completed, you will need to visit all pages and receive 100% on all of the tests and quizzes.
- When you finish the training, you will see a comment either confirming your completion or indicating that you may have missed some pages or test questions.
- HR and your dean, director or supervisor will be receiving reports listing all who have completed the training, so there is nothing for you to print out or report once you are finished.
Once HR has processed your completion of FERPA you will be able to request INB as a resource using the Banner Online System. For more information on requesting accounts, go to our Request Additional Accounts page.
|If you have any questions or run into any issues, please contact Human Resources at (206) 281-2809.|
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.