|Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Camera||1|
Canon point-and-shoot camera for basic photography and videography
- Point-and-shoot cameras are suitable for quick and easy photography and short video clips.
- The Canon PowerShot SX260 HS is simple to use under the Auto setting and has adjustable settings for more control.
- Learn more about the Canon PowerShot SX260 HS from Canon's support and informational site.
- User Guide (PDF)
- 20x optical zoom, 1080 HD video, 12.1 megapixels
- 3.0 LCD screen
- Grey Charger
- Grey Battery
- Black Pouch
- SD Card
- Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Camera
- GPS feature (include location in photo metadata)
- Turn Canon PowerShot on using the [On/Off] button on the top right of the camera
- Use the dial to select camera mode. Descriptions of the various modes are depicted below and available in the User Guide (see link above), but the basic mode for taking pictures is the green [Auto] selection
- After selecting the desired mode for taking pictures, capture photos by pressing the large round silver button on the top right of the camera
- Use the 20x optical zoom by moving the zoom lever surrounding the capture button. Moving the lever to the right will zoom in, while moving the lever to the left will return the photo to its original wide angle
- To capture full HD video using the Canon PowerShot, turn the mode dial to the picture of video camera as seen in diagram of dial options above
- Press red record button to the right of the screen to begin recording and press again to end recording
- To upload media onto a computer, use the interface cable which will connect to a USB port and the camera as shown below
- Or eject the SD card and insert it into a media card reader or directly into your computer (e.g. Library iMacs and MacBook Pro's have built-in SD card readers).
Questions or Assistance?
Contact the Library Front Desk which is located on the Main Level of the Ames Library at Seattle Pacific University.
206-281-2228 | spu.edu/library