If you are a Full-time Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Staff, or Student Employee please follow the instructions in Setting Up Duo 2FA instead of the steps below.
In order to use Duo 2FA, you must enroll your SPU account. This generally involves four major steps:
The Videos and Step-by-Step instructions below will assist you in enrolling your SPU account for Duo Two-Factor Authentication.
1. Request the Duo 2FA Resource
- Log into Banner
- Open: Personal Menu → Computer Accounts Menu → Manage Your Accounts
- At the bottom of the page under "Request Resource" select "Duo Two-Factor Authentication" from the drop-down and click "Continue"
- After reading the instruction, click "Submit"
- Open Outlook or Webmail to find an email from Duo for enrollment.
2. Setup 2FA Device
Duo requires a secure device (i.e.: something you have) to authenticate users. The most common and easiest approach is to use the Duo Mobile App with Push notifications.
For this step, simple search for "Duo Mobile" in the respective App Store for your mobile device and install the App.
See additional documentation regarding Duo 2FA Device Options
3. Register Duo Account
Follow the instructions on the enrollment email you received from Duo 2FA as shown in the following video:
For detailed step-by-step enrollment instructions, see this documentation provided by Duo: https://guide.duo.com/enrollment
4. Re-authenticate All Devices
Now that you are enrolled in Duo, you will need to log off all affected SPU resources and log back in with Duo, including:
- Mobile Email Client (iOS & Android Mail)
- Outlook/Apple Mail on a Computer
Outlook and Outlook Mobile are the only officially supported email clients Click here for more information.
If you encounter any issues or questions following these steps, contact the CIS Help Desk in person at Lower Marston Hall or via phone at (206) 281-2982. The Help Desk is open Monday through Friday, from 7:30am to 5:00pm.
Your account is now secure!