All new faculty and staff of Seattle Pacific University are required to successfully complete training in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Training must be complete before any employee can request access to Internet Native Banner (INBAdministrative Banner or other campus resources that include data that is protected by FERPA (such as the Admissions CRM). FERPA training is available online through Skillsoft which you can access from the HR website (requires login). be accessed from spu.edu > mySPU > view all > Faculty & Staff, under the Employment section. The tutorial will take approximately 30 minutes, and you will be required to complete several assessments.
FERPA training has to be re-taken if it 's has been more than one year since an employee last took it and are requesting access to a resource that they didn't have in the past year.
To access Skillsoft for the first time:
- Navigate to the SPU site: https:applications site http://seattlepacificuweb-apps.skillportspu.com/skillportfe/login.actionedu/apps#facstaff and choose the Skillsoft application
- If you are already logged in to an SPU resource that required authentication you should be automatically logged into Skillsoft
- If you are prompted for login credentials provide your User ID: your SPU login name (without the @spu.edu ) Password: Welcome1 (this is case sensitive)and Password
- If you encounter any issues at all including logging in or playing content on the site, please contact Skillsoft’s Technical Support Team available 24x7 via phone, email or Live Chat.
- Phone: 1-866-SKIL-HELP or 1-866-754-5435, Email: Support@Skillsoft.com, Live Chat: http://support.skillsoft.com/livehelp/
- Once you log in the first time, you will be able to change your password, but it is best NOT to use the same password you use to log in to the SPU computers.
- You will also be asked for a security question that will help in the future if you forget your password. Keep this login information and your password for future access to Skillsoft.
To access the FERPA training:
|If you have any questions or run into any issues, please contact Human Resources at (206) 281-2809.|
|Content by Label|
|cql||label in ("ferpatraining","ferpa","ferpa-training","new-faculty","new-staff","newfactultystaff") and type = "page" and space = "TSS"|
|labels||FERPA, FERPATraining, FERPA-Training, newfactultystaff, new-faculty, new-staff|