Table of Contents
Citrix allows some SPU resources and applications to be accessed from a personal computer or any device with internet access. It is available for SPU faculty and staff while some student employees or student leaders are able to use Citrix with approval from CIS.
The following resources & applications are available in Citrix:
|My Work Documents||Dept. File Share||My Work Desktop||Software Applications|
Installation instructions are specific to the type of device you will use Citrix on. Use the links below to see instructions.
On a personally owned computer:
- Windows instructions: Citrix Remote Access on a Personal Computer (Windows)
- Mac instructions: Citrix Remote Access on a Personal Computer (Mac OS) (OSX)
On a public computer:
- Windows instructions: Citrix Remote Access via Public Computer (Windows)
- Mac instructions: Citrix Remote Access via Public Computer (Mac OS)
On a smart phone or tablet:
SPU Managed computers can install Citrix from the Software Center application on their computer. Go to Install Software on an SPU-Managed Computer to learn more.
Launching & Configuring Citrix
- Launch Citrix Workspace on your device
- If this is your first time launching Citrix, you will be prompted to add a workspace
- If prompted to add a server address, use citrix.spu.edu
- When prompted to log in, use your SPU username and password
- Once logged in, you will need to configure your workspace
- Click the "+" icon on the left hand side of the application.
- Select the applications you want to add. A green check mark will appear next to applications that will appear on the home screen.
- Once applications have been added to the Citrix home screen, applications can be opened by clicking on the respective icon
Firefox On-Campus is provided as way to open a browser window from on-campus. This is necessary for several access to several third-party services and websites, including:
- Destiny One Staff View
- Some Library resources
Prior to 2020, we would have recommended the SPU VPN. However, moving to a new VPN architecture with Fortinet prevents some websites from properly identifying your computer as being from SPU. Connecting to a browser through Citrix allows the authorized connection to proceed.
|Content by Label|