This guide is intended for users who need to access SPU Resources from their personal computer. Citrix is capable of helping you access on-campus only resources, such as Department File Shares, certain pieces of software and your SPU Documents from your personal computer. See the chart below for a description of each function and a list of software available through Citrix. Note: Citrix Receiver is now Citrix Workspace.
|My Work Documents||Dept. File Share||My Work Desktop||Run Specific Software|
- Open files stored in your SPU My Documents folder
- Work on files directly on the server
- Access to Matthew/department fileshares
- Edit and save files directly on the server
- Allows to you remotely connect to your SPU-Managed Computer
- Control your SPU machine as if you were physically logged in
- Run programs that are only installed on that computer
- Banner INB
- Microsoft Office
- Raiser's Edge
- Other Software
- Go to: Citrix Workspace Download Page.
- Click the option to Download Workspace for Windows.
- Locate the downloaded file and open it to begin the installation process.
- Setup will now begin, select Start and follow the on screen instructions to proceed
- (Note: You may be prompted to restart your computer once setup has completed, so be sure to save any important documents before proceeding)
- If you are prompted to "Add Account" or "Finish", select Finish
- Open the Citrix Receiver client.
- In the "enter your work email or server address..." field type in citrix.spu.edu and click Add.
- Enter your SPU email address and password in the window that opened and press Log On.
- Open the application you want to launch. If you do not see any applications, follow the steps below to add applications.