To provide the best possible support for your event, we have established the following policies regarding AV Event Support:
- Support is subject to technician availability. Technicians are not guaranteed to be available, but we make every effort to find a technician for a requested event.
To ensure a smooth support experience the following guidelines must be followed when hiring a technician:
If the event is longer than 4 hours the technician must be hired for the duration of the entire event.
Technicians must be hired for a minimum of one hour.
Technicians must be hired for continuous support – gaps in scheduling are not permitted.
- The requested support should begin at least 30 minutes before the event to provide sufficient setup time to the technician.
- Room Reservations
- Rooms may be reserved using EMS (roomfinder.spu.edu) or via Conference Services at (206) 281-2187.
- Upper Gwinn
- Prior to the Event
- Video and rich media content must be provided to CIS in advance of the event. Compatibility cannot be guaranteed without advanced access being provided to CIS.
- Provide a list of electronics that need to be connected to CIS systems to ensure appropriate adapters and cables are prepared in advance.
- During the Event
- AV Event Technicians have the primary responsibility of managing our audio-visual system to ensure events go smoothly. This includes troubleshooting AV issues and watching the event, actively make adjustments to the audio-visual system to prevent issues.
- AV Event Technicians should not be hired to run the event proceedings. This includes running a slide show, queuing videos, or signaling changes to event participants. These activities may take attention from the audio-visual system and cannot be part of a hired AV Technician's responsibilities during an event.
Complimentary 15-Minute AV Setup Support Information
|Content by Label|
|cql||label in ("av","event","classroom") and type = "page" and space = "HKB"|
|labels||classroom, av, event|