Online Course Platform
Canvas is the university's online learning platform. Many, if not most, of your courses will utilize Canvas in some way. Some courses operate fully online through Canvas. Other courses use Canvas as a resource depository. Always check your syllabus and with your course instructor to determine how much you will be expected to use Canvas in any given course.
The department of Educational Technology and Media (ETM) has created a Canvas wiki, with everything you need to get started in Canvas and become a successful online student. Please use this wiki as your guide to Canvas.
If you would like additional resources on Canvas, you can access a guide created by Canvas here. An overview of the subjects covered in this introduction is included below.
Get Started with Canvas
- Where can I find a list of Canvas terminology?
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student?
- How do I log in to Canvas?
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- How do I view my Canvas courses?
- How do I use the Course Home Page as a student?
- Why can't I access my Course as a student?
- Will Canvas work on my mobile device?
- What are Profile and User Settings?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I connect to web services outside of Canvas?
- How do I customize my Courses list?
- How do I change the language preference in my user account?
Participate in a Course
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I view my grades in a current course?
- How do I use the Calendar?
- What is Conversations?
- How do I reply to a discussion as a student?