Welcome, Mentor Teachers! We want to thank you for your willingness to share your classroom with an SPU student this year, as your participation is the key to getting our future teachers prepared and certified! We understand you probably have a lot of questions regarding your time as a mentor teacher, and we hope this website serves as a go-to guide throughout the year.
We (the Placement Team) would first like to introduce ourselves so you can know who to contact throughout the course of the internship.
Director of Field Placements
Field Placement Coordinator
1) We recommend that you first take a look at our screencast describing the roles that you, your teacher candidate, and the SPU Field Supervisor each play throughout the course of the internship. The video gives you an idea of what to expect while you are sharing your classroom, and will help you to feel more prepared for the year.
2) Save your mentor guidebook to your computer for easy access throughout the year. Below, you will see the guidebooks that will help you as you host a student intern. Each program has slightly different requirements and timelines, so please refer to the guidebook that corresponds to your student's program to best understand what to expect.
3) Download both the Blueprint and the correct activity timeline that corresponds to your student's program:
4) Please fill out the required paperwork by clicking here: Required Paperwork
5) Add Kamwesar@spu.edu to your safe senders' list in your inbox, as many important reminders and pieces of information will come from this address. School servers tend to block emails that are sent to many people at the same time and mark them as spam, which prevents us from communicating with you.