The following conduct is prohibited:
- You may not use the Websites in any manner that violates any applicable law.
- You may not use the Websites to post or send any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, or obscene material.
- You may not use the Websites to distribute “spam” or other unsolicited communications.
- You may not use the Websites for commercial purposes (e.g., job postings, solicitations for goods or services) without prior written permission from SPU.
- You may not use the Websites in any manner that infringes the personal or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- You may not intentionally disrupt or interfere with the proper functioning of the Websites, including by taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on SPU’s network infrastructure or by transmitting any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful component.
- You may not bypass any security measures on the Websites or reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Websites.
Access to Password-Protected Areas
Access to certain portions of the Websites require username and password login credentials. You may not access password-protected areas unless SPU has issued login credentials to you, and you may not share your login credentials with any other person or use any other person’s login credentials.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Websites are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. SPU expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to the Websites, whether express or implied. SPU makes no warranty that the Websites will be completely secure, accurate, or error-free. Your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any defect in or dissatisfaction with the Websites is to cease to use the Websites.
Limitation of Liability
SPU will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages (even if advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from any matter related to your use of the Websites. Users assume total responsibility and risk for their use of the Websites and any site-related services.
The Websites and their contents are owned by SPU or third parties and are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. Except as allowed by law or as expressly permitted by the content owner, the Websites and their contents may not be reproduced, modified, distributed, displayed, or used in any way without the prior written permission of SPU or the third-party owner. In particular, all SPU marks and logos are trademarks and service marks of SPU and may not be used without express, written permission from an authorized representative of SPU.
Reporting Copyright Violations
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) of 1998, notification of DMCA copyright infringement can be send to email@example.com in accordance with the DMCA Copyright Compliance / Peer-to-Peer File Sharing policy.
The Websites may include links to external websites. Such links are provided for convenience and do not reflect any endorsement by SPU with respect to the linked sites or their providers. SPU makes no representations or warranties with respect to any linked website.
Jurisdiction and Venue
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to its conflict of law provisions. Venue with respect to any dispute between you and SPU will rest exclusively in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington.
Use of Websites by Minors
- Children under the age of 18 should obtain permission from their parents or legal guardians before sending any information about themselves to SPU through the Websites.
- SPU encourages parents and legal guardians to take an active role in their children’s use of the internet by talking with them about safe and responsible use before sending any information about themselves over the internet.
- Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on or through our Websites. If a child is under the age of 13 and wants to submit information to or through SPU’s Websites, the child should ask his or her parent or legal guardian to submit the information on his or her behalf.
- SPU reserves the right to block, suspend, or terminate the use of any or all Websites by any user at any time and for any reason.
These Terms do not create any agency, partnership, or joint venture relationship between SPU and any user of the Websites. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms, which will remain in full force and effect. The failure of SPU to exercise or enforce any provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such provision or any other provision. Any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the Websites or these Terms must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose. The section titles of these Terms are merely for convenience and will not have any effect on the substantive meaning of the Terms. Any offer for any product or service made on a Website is void where prohibited. If there is any ambiguity in the meaning of these Terms, the ambiguity is subject to interpretation by SPU, and SPU’s interpretation will be conclusive.
If you have questions about this policy or want to report a violation of policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.