Ways Information is Provided
Information may be provided to SPU websites in a variety of ways, which may include:
- Directly on our websites;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our websites;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our websites that provide non-browser-based interaction between you and our websites; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to our websites.
Information Voluntarily Provided by You
You voluntarily provide information in a variety of ways to us, which may include filling in forms on our websites, subscribing to newsletters or other content, posting material, making a donation, requesting further services or information, registering for an event or activity, or making search queries.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Third Party Tracking Technology. Our site uses third-party tracking tools such as Siteimprove and Google Analytics to track users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, internet domain and host names, browser software, and the date and time that the site is visited. Such analytical data neither includes nor is linked to any individual's personal information. Our use of Google Analytics is in compliance with Google’s Terms of Service. Google provides more information about Google’s privacy practices and information on how to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking of your web browsing. You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- Website Log Files. Our websites automatically gather anonymous information about our visitors including IP addresses, browser types, and the times and dates of web page visits. The information collected during the use of public facing web properties does not include any personally identifiable details and is used to improve our services and administer our websites. If you access secured areas protected by authentication, usage is tracked and associated with you for security and audit compliance purposes.
Sharing of Information
Information we gather may also be shared with campus constituents to improve programs, outreach, and other campus initiatives. Additionally, some information may be shared with vendors to conduct communications on behalf of the university related to these activities. However, we will not rent or sell your data to third-parties for their use in direct marketing or advertising, or for the promotion of their products and services, without your consent.
Use of Your Information
Unless there are restrictions on SPU’s use of your PII or unless SPU tells you otherwise, SPU (or third parties engaged by SPU) may use your PII for purposes that include the following:
- Administering your participation in SPU websites;
- Communicating information SPU thinks may be of interest to you;
- Fulfilling your requests for services or materials;
- Contacting you;
- Conducting research or surveys;
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
- Establishing or exercising SPU’s legal rights or defending against legal claims;
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide PII or NPI;
- Providing you with notices about any registration or subscription including confirmation, expiration, and renewal notices;
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- Any other purpose with your consent.
Protection of Information
SPU has measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information that is under our control. However, security of information cannot be guaranteed. SPU does not insure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
If you have questions about this policy or want to report a violation of policy, please email email@example.com.