Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

1. Apply to Seattle Pacific University and be accepted.

2. Apply for your benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Once your application has been approved with the VA, they will send you a Certificate of Eligibility. This document describes the benefits that you are eligible to receive, the duration of those benefits, and whether you may participate in the Yellow-Ribbon program.

3. Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the school certifying official, Kay Knierim (, in the Office of the Registrar (Demaray Hall 151) or faxed to 206-281-2669.

  • Once received, your information will be entered into the VA system by the school certifying official.

4. Request certification every quarter. To request certification to the VA, you must first register for all of your courses and then you may fill out the online VA Certification Request Form which can be found in the Banner Student Registration and Schedules menu once a person is set up in our system as a student receiving VA Benefits.

  • Please note that the online form only needs to be filled out once per quarter, but students are expected to make sure that any schedule changes they make remain in compliance with VA regulations.

  • No labels