Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

When do you need to send transcripts to SPU? That depends on your student status. Here’s what you need to know:


Students are required to provide official transcripts for any college-level credit earned from the institution granting credit.

  • For students entering SPU directly from high school, formal evaluation of these credits traditionally occur after a student has been admitted to SPU and has made an advance payment.
  • Admitted transfer students can access evaluation of transfer credits through Banner 10 business days after official transcripts have been received by SPU.

Please note that in peak seasons, processing times may vary.

Newly admitted and prospective students

If you are a prospective student and have questions about transfer coursework, contact Undergraduate Admissions.

If you are newly admitted or a prospective student, you should submit official transcripts of all previously completed coursework to Undergraduate Admissions. Mail official transcripts to:

Undergraduate Admissions
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 115
Seattle, Washington 98119-1922

Additional information for new students.


If you are a current student who has completed a pre-approved course through another institution, you are required to submit an official transcript to the Office of the Registrar. Your academic counselor will review the transcript, transferring the course as determined by the Application for Studying Away (PDF) that must be filed before registering for the course. Official transcripts can be mailed to:

Office of the Registrar
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 113
Seattle, Washington 98119-1922

Once the transcript is reviewed and your records updated, you will receive a notification by your academic counselor. You’ll also be able to review how your transfer classes apply at SPU in your Degree Check.

More information

Current SPU students interested in taking a class at another institution must get the approval of their academic counselor in the Office of the Registrar. Without prior approval, courses in the equivalency guide are not guaranteed to transfer.

Additional information about transfer credits for current students.

  • No labels