Dean’s List honors are awarded to undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students in good standing and who have completed at least 12 credit hours of work and attained a 3.5 or higher quarterly grade-point average in a given quarter.
- Students who have earned any of the following grades will not qualify for honors: E, NC, I, or N.
- Once the temporary grade of N or I has been replaced by the grade earned, honors will be awarded to qualified students.
President’s List recognition is awarded to students who exclusively attended SPU full time during the academic year and achieved a 4.0 GPA in all three quarters.
Bachelor’s degrees will be conferred with honors for undergraduate students based on the following criteria:
- The student completed 75 quarter hours in residence at SPU.
- Honors are based on the SPU GPA only.
- All courses taken at SPU (except ESL and other courses numbered below 1000) are included in the GPA for honors and must meet the minimum grade-point average required for the honor.
- Honors for post-baccalaureate students require the minimum GPA in the entire work necessary for the degree including the 45 credits required in residence.
- Students must meet the graduation application deadlines to have honors appear in the Commencement program.
- Graduation honors are computed for the Commencement program on the basis of work completed through Winter Quarter for Spring Quarter and Summer Quarter graduates.
Honor grade point average
- Cum Laude: 3.50–3.74
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.75–3.89
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.90–4.00
The President’s Citation is awarded each year to a graduating senior who has demonstrated distinguished academic achievement in the context of a Christian liberal arts program.
To be eligible for this award, the student must have taken all of his or her university work at SPU and must have adhered consistently to the ideals of the University. The University president makes the selection.
Alpha Kappa Sigma
Undergraduate students who have earned 90 credits at SPU and are in the top 10 percent of their graduating class are eligible for election to the honor society Alpha Kappa Sigma.
This honor society has chapters in all the colleges of SPU’s sponsoring denomination. During their senior year, candidates are recommended by an academic policies committee and elected by vote of the faculty.
A full list of the department staff.
Whether you are a prospective or current student, a parent, or a faculty or staff member, discover how vital “Falcon Formation” is to student life and learning at Seattle Pacific.