How do I Screen Capture?
- Go to spu.hosted.panopto.com and create your personal account
- On the web browser you will be on "Home" as default, you'll need to click on the Create button and then select Panopto Capture (Record in Browser).
- Panopto Capture will launch in a new browser tab
Select your preferred Microphone; If you want to use a different microphone from the one automatically chosen, select the microphone icon called "Audio" from the top toolbar
Select Camera sources; If you want to use a different camera from the one automatically chosen, select the camera icon called "Video" from the top toolbar
Select Screen and Application Sources; To record a screen, application window, or individual browser tab, select the monitor icon called "Screen and Apps"
Chrome or Edge (Chromium-based) users: a pop-up window will appear that allows you to select between a screen, application, or browser tab:
- To record everything that happens on a screen, choose Your Entire Screen. Then, select the screen to record and click Share. (Image shown below). Optionally, select Share Audio to add the audio from your computer to the recording. This is ideal for when you are recording a video call or any application that has sound. The Share Audio option is not available to macOS users on the Your Entire Screen tab.
- Select the Application Window tab to record everything that happens in one application window only. Select the application and then click Share (Image shown below). Please note: After starting the recording, Panopto will record PowerPoint slides as a video stream when a presentation is put into slideshow mode.
- Select the Tab option, shown here in Chrome, to record everything that happens in one browser tab. Select the tab you want to record and click Share. (Image shown below). Optionally, select Share audio to add the audio from the tab to the recording
7. Recording the video; To begin recording your video, click the red circle button at the bottom center of Panopto Capture. If enabled, you will see a 5-second countdown on the screen, and then the recording will begin. During the countdown, you will also see the options to start recording immediately by pressing Enter or to cancel by pressing Escape (Esc). To stop recording, click again the red square button at the bottom center of Panopto Capture (Fig. 21). The video will immediately begin to upload. Do not close the Panopto Capture browser tab until the upload is complete.
8. Video Upload and Processing; Once you stop the recording, a new page will load that shows the video’s progress. Do not close this page until you see the message Getting your video ready for editing: It's safe to close your browser window in the top left corner. Once the video has been processed completely, it will state Your video is ready.
Note: this video will upload to the folder that you were in when you opened Capture. If you do not have Creator access to that folder, it will upload to your My Folder. If you do not have a My Folder set up, it will upload to your most recently used folder.
- You can preview your video by selecting the play button on the page and switch through your streams by selecting the icon in the upper-righthand corner
- On the right side of the top toolbar, you can select Redo if you are not happy with the video you have produced and want to return to Panopto Capture to re-record or select Record New to film another video using Capture
- In the video details box, you can edit the video’s name, which automatically uses the date and time the video was recorded as a placeholder, change the video’s folder location, add tags to the video, enter the video’s description, and open the video in the Panopto editor by selecting Edit or view it in the Panopto viewer by selecting View
- In the text box underneath called "Share this video", start typing the name, group name, username, or email address of the person or people with whom you would like to share your video. Once you are done, select "Send."
- You can also share your video if you select Manage Access. Once selected, your Panopto site will open to the video's settings Share tab