Adobe Premier Rendering Crash
Some Windows computers crash Adobe Premier when importing media. This guide provides instructions on changing default settings to resolve the issue.
- Log in to the Windows computer with your SPU credentials
- Click on the Start button
- Locate and open Adobe Premiere.
- Create a New Project
- Name the project and verify the location is on the correct hard drive.
- Under the Video Rendering and Playback setting choose Mercury Playback Engine Software Only as the Renderer.
- Select OK and the new project launches.
- Immediately Save (CTRL + S or File Menu) the project.
- Select File and Project Settings and General...
- Confirm the Renderer setting stuck. If no, choose Mercury Playback Engine Software Only again.
- Select OK.
- Save the project again
- Now try to import media footage.
Questions or Assistance?
Contact the Library Front Desk which is located on the Main Level of the Ames Library at Seattle Pacific University.
206-281-2228 | spu.edu/library