Find information on position management, employee evaluations, and hiring processes, and explore the Supervisor Manual.
Can SPU pay an out of state resident?
All SPU employees must live in the state of Washington, or be in the state of Washington while completing their work for the University. Any policy changes to this in the future, will require an institutional decision. Such a decision will require a significant investment of additional staff, their training, and technology needed to manage the legal, tax, and payroll laws/regulations of other states.
If you have questions regarding hiring regular staff, please contact the Employment Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-281-2591. For questions regarding out of state adjunct hiring, contact Jackie Belz at email@example.com or 206-281-2837.
SUPERVISORS: In order to access the resources in this section, please log in using your SPU credentials. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources office at (206) 281-2809.
Table of Contents
- Supervisor Manual
- Leave Report and Time Reporting Approvals
- Position Management
- Person Management (EPAF)
- Hiring Process Toolbox
- Employee Evaluation Toolbox
- Budget Manager Toolbox for New Adjuncts
- Non-employee access form
- Computer and Phone Procedures for Departing Employees
- Supervisor Dashboard
- Job Description Library
- COVID Return to Work issues HR memo 9-4-2020
- Remote and Tele Work Policy memo from Craig Kispert 9-4-2020
- Remote and Tele Work Policy
- Engaging Volunteers and Paying People for Services
Supervisor Approval of Non-Exempt Time Reporting
- All exempt employees are required to submit all hours through an online time sheet within the Banner Self-Service system. Supervisors are also required for approve all hours within Banner Self Service. Find the instructions here.
- The Payroll Schedule and time sheet approval due dates can be found on the Finance Office's website.
Supervisor Approval of Exempt Employee Leave
- All exempt employees are required to submit used vacation and sick leave through an online leave report within Banner Self Service. Supervisors are also required to approve all leave taken within Banner Self Service.
Find the instructions here.
- The Payroll Schedule and Leave Report approval due dates can be found on the Finance Office's website.