First day tasks
Complete in HR:
- I-9 form - (link works best with Internet Explorer) the purpose of this form is to authenticate both the employee's identity and eligibility to work in the United States. HR is required to have this completed form, along with copies of appropriate documents (see page 9) within 3 days of the first day of employment. The form must be signed in the Human Resources office with HR personnel and the copies of the documents must be made there as well, so please bring the original documents and the unsigned form with you.
- W-4 form - the purpose of this form is to determine the appropriate federal income tax that is to be taken from one's pay. Please set up your W-4 withholding in Banner using these linked instructions. See IRS.gov for further information on the W-4
- Personal Identification Data sheet - this form is used for internal purposes only, in order to correctly set the employee up in HR's computer systems.
- Submitting documentary proof of vaccination: All employees of SPU are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit proof of vaccination unless the employee has been approved for a medical or religious exemption. See our vaccination requirements: FAQ's page for more information. Your proof of vaccination or request for exemption should be completed in the offer/acceptance process.
Check out the SPU Dining Services site to find places to eat and get coffee on campus.
First Week tasks
- Set up your SPU account
- Set up your Azure Duo-Authentication
- Faculty/Staff ID card- obtain from Falcon Card Services by appointment
- Set-up your direct deposit
- Set up your emergency contacts and sign up for SPU-Alert
- Complete the required online trainings
- Adjust White Pages display information
Resources to review at/before orientation:
First Six months
- Attend the next available Diversity 101 class (offered quarterly). This is a required course for all new staff, taught by the Office of Inclusive Excellence. New employees should receive an invitation.