First day tasks
Complete in HR:
- I-9 form - the purpose of this form is to authenticate both the employee's identity and eligibility to work in the United States. HR is required to have this completed form, along with copies of appropriate documents (see page 9) within 3 days of the first day of employment. The form must be signed in the Human Resources office with HR personnel and the copies of the documents must be made there as well, so please bring the original documents and the unsigned form with you.
- W-4 form - the purpose of this form is to determine the appropriate federal income tax that is to be taken from one's pay.
- Personal Identification Data sheet - this form is used for internal purposes only, in order to correctly set the employee up in HR's computer systems.
Check out the SPU Dining Services site to find places to eat and get coffee on campus.
First Week tasks
- Set up your SPU email account
- Faculty/Staff ID card - obtain from University Services
- Set-up your direct deposit
- Set up your emergency contacts and sign up for SPU-Alert
- Complete the required online trainings
- Adjust White Pages display information
Resources to review before orientation:
First Six months
- Attend next available Diversity 101 class (offered quarterly). For available dates, check Skillsoft under "Instructor Led Training" or contact HR.
- Attend the next New Employee Onboarding Breakfast (offered in spring and fall) to meet University leadership and learn about an array of benefits across campus that are available to you as an SPU employee.