Seattle Pacific University is pleased to offer you and your family the option to plan ahead with long-term care (LTC) insurance. LTC insurance is designed to pay for custodial care once you are in need of assistance with two or more Activities of Daily Living or have a cognitive impairment like dementia or Alzheimer’s. The insurance will pay for care received at home, in a nursing home or assisted living facility.
- Newly-eligible or newly-hired employees have two opportunities to purchase coverage on a guaranteed issue basis, with no medical questionnaire.
- 30 days beginning the 1st of the month following or coinciding with date of hire
- Next new hire open enrollment following initial 30 day window (Occurs each November)
- All other benefit eligible employees who did not enroll during the qualifying period or would like to make changes to existing coverage may enroll at any time by completing the Benefit Election Form and the Evidence of Insurability Form (medical questionnaire).
- Spouses and eligible family members ages 18-80 (parents, grandparents, in-laws, children and siblings) of Seattle Pacific University employees can apply with full underwriting.
|Benefit Features||Available Plan Options|
Monthly Benefit Amount
$1,000 - $8,000 per month
(in $1,000 increments)
|Benefit Duration||3 Years, 6 Years, or Unlimited|
|Inflation Protection||None, or 5% Compound|
|Elimination Period||90 days|