In this section, you will find information on the University's leave policies. To view a list of the University's paid leave policies, please Log In using your SPU username and password.
How to request either a family and/or medical leave of absence or Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodation Request
- See your physician or medical care provider.
- Contact Human Resources and your supervisor at least 30-days in advance if foreseeable, or as soon as is reasonably possible. Provide expected leave dates that you will need to be away from your responsibilities at SPU.
- Report your claim/leave online at myCigna.com, or by calling 1(888) 842-4462.
- Keep a record of your claim or leave number.
- For questions and/or information on your claim status, visit myCigna.com or call Cigna to speak with a claim manager.
- If you have reported an approved intermittent leave, please report your time taken via myCigna.com or by calling 1(888) 842-4462.
For additional information, please review the Cigna Leave Intake Brochure.