If your MFP has faxing capabilities, you can choose to send a fax from your SPU computer via the Print Menu. To save commonly used numbers in a Phone Book, follow the steps below.
- Initiate the Fax from PC process by going to File -> Print -> Select the Printer "FAX-MFP..." -> click Print
- In the window that opens, go to the Phone Book Entry Tab and click the Edit... button
- Click Browse... to save the Address book to your Documents Folder (the file path shown should be c:\users\username\documents ) -> click New to create your Phone Book
- Type in a name for your Phone Book in the appropriate field and press OK.
- A new window will open, which will allow you to save phone numbers to your new Phone Book
- In the Window that opened, click File -> New Address to open the window seen below
- Enter the Destination information, such as a name for the contact and the fax number (be sure to include 9 + 1 + the number) in the appropriate fields and press OK
- After entering the numbers you want to save, close the window and return to the Select Destination Window for sending a Fax
To continue sending a fax:
- Return to the Phone Book Entry Tab and select the entry from your phone book -> click Add to add the number to the Destination List and Press Next
- Continue sending your fax as normal, with the instructions located here: Fax from Computer
Make sure you enter the phone numbers in the required format for dialing off-campus numbers or long-distance numbers when saving entries in your new phone book.