Current students, faculty and staff at SPU may obtain the latest version of Microsoft Office for both Windows and Mac through the Office 365 Program. There is no additional cost and this is a complete download of the software, not a web application version of the software. More information about this program may be found on the Microsoft Office Applications.
Accessing and Installing Office through Office 365
- Go to SPU Webmail and log in with your personal SPU Username and Password.
- Select the grid/waffle icon at the top left next to where it says Outlook and click Office 365.
- Select Install Office -> Office 365 Apps
- A file will be downloaded, click "open" to run
- Once the download pops up, click "continue" to begin installation. You must click "Agree" on the licensing agreement to continue the installation.
- Enter your computer's administrative credentials and select "install software."
- If the installation is successful, this screen will appear. Then, simply select "close:"
- If you are prompted to activate your product, select to log in with your work account. When prompted, enter your SPU e-mail address and password.