FERPA Training for Students
Student employees whose work requires access to information covered by FERPA are required to complete FERPA training. As of Fall 2021 student employees take FERPA training in Percipio just like faculty and staff members. The following instructions for faculty and staff apply for student employees as well.
FERPA Training for Faculty and Staff Members
All new faculty and staff of Seattle Pacific University are required to successfully complete training in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Training must be complete before any employee can request access to Administrative Banner or other campus resources that include data that is protected by FERPA (such as the Admissions CRM). FERPA training is available online through Skillsoft which can be accessed from spu.edu > mySPU > view all > Faculty & Staff, under the Employment section. The tutorial will take approximately 30 minutes, and you will be required to complete several assessments.
FERPA training has to be re-taken if it has been more than one year since an employee last took it and are requesting access to a resource that they didn't have in the past year.
To access Percipio for the first time:
- Navigate to the SPU applications site http://web-apps.spu.edu/apps#facstaff and choose the Percipio application
- If you encounter any issues at all including logging in or playing content on the site, please contact Percipio’s Technical Support Team available 24x7 via phone, email or Live Chat.
- Phone: 1-866-SKIL-HELP or 1-866-754-5435, Email: Support@Skillsoft.com, Live Chat: http://support.skillsoft.com/livehelp/
To access the FERPA training:
- Once logged into Percipio, click on View Learning Plan at the top of the screen.
- Then select Assigned Learning tab. The training is called FERPA for Higher Education.
- Once the training has been selected and is opened, click on the Launch button next to the picture.
- There are five components to the training–the Lesson Pre-Test, the three Instruction modules, and the Post- Test.
- For this training to be completed, you will need to visit all pages and receive 100% on all of the tests and quizzes.
- When you finish the training, you will see a comment either confirming your completion or indicating that you may have missed some pages or test questions.
- HR and your dean, director or supervisor will be receiving reports listing all who have completed the training, so there is nothing for you to print out or report once you are finished.
Once HR has processed your completion of FERPA you will be able to request INB as a resource using the Banner Online System. For more information on requesting accounts, go to our Request Additional Accounts page.
If you are unable to login to Percipio, please contact the CIS HelpDesk.
If you are unable to access FERPA training, please check with your supervisor or department budget manager to ensure all paperwork for your position has been completed.
If all paperwork has been completed, have your supervisor or department budget manager contact:
- HR for Faculty and Staff positions, or
- The Office of Student Employment for Student Employee positions.
There is no content with the specified labels