Documents you create specifically for your job are important! Follow this short guide to ensure you don't lose your employee documents.
Employee documents on a SPU Windows computer
- By default any document you save to your Desktop or My Documents is automatically synchronized to SPU's servers while you are on campus. If you are off campus you can use the VPN to synchronize changes right away.
- OneDrive is an optional alternative for saving your work documents. Be sure to always save your documents to your OneDrive @ Seattle Pacific University folder.
Employee documents on a SPU Mac computer
- OneDrive is the approved solution for storing and backing up your SPU employee documents.
Employee Retention and Recovery of Email and Documents
Employees are required to manage business related information that is created and maintained in electronic form. This includes:
- Information sent or received by email, calendar items, contacts, or tasks
- Documents, reports, worksheets, or presentations created and stored in any location (My Documents, OneDrive for Business, Departmental Shares/Directories, SharePoint, etc...)
- Any communications performed as an employee (voice messages, instant messaging, chat, etc...)
All employees (and their supervisors and managers) should familiarize themselves with these Email-Document Retention and Recovery guidelines to assure that important institutional data is being preserved and maintained.