For all faculty and staff Datasync automatically maintains a copy of the files and folders from your Documents folder in a secure location on an SPU Server. Please save all of your SPU related work under one of the folders listed below.
How Can I Be Sure My Folders are Backed Up?
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 - a green circle with two yellow arrows will be seen on folders and files that are backed up.
- The status of your DataSync can be checked using the Sync Center. View our Sync Center page.
How do I Recover a Deleted File or Restore a Previous version?
While your computer is on campus, Datasync makes a backup of your Documents store 5 times per day for up to two weeks. Go to Restore Previous Versions to learn how to restore a previous version of a folder or file.
The Following Folders are not Backed Up:
- Desktop – Nothing you save on your desktop will be backed up
- Music – is redirected to C:\personal\YourUserNameHere\Music and is not backed up
- No Personal Database files are backed up - Store these files on a departmental share
- Any Other Main Folders not mentioned above