Rules can be created to prioritize, organize, copy, move, and reroute email messages that are sent to your email address. Be sure and test each rule after it is created or changed to make certain that messages are being handled by the email system properly.
Rules created in Webmail will automatically apply to any other clients used to check email. For instance, if a mobile device such as an iPhone is used to access email, messages will be filtered according to rules set up in Webmail.
Configure Rules and Alerts in Webmail
- In webmail, click the Settings icon in the top-right of the screen (gear-shaped icon).
- Select organize email in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the plus icon on the right side of the screen. Choose Create a rule for arriving messages... in the menu that appears.
- Enter a name for the rule in the new window that appears.
- Choose a condition for this rule in the drop-down menu labeled *When the message arrives, and:.
- Choose an action to take when this rule is applied in the drop-down menu labeled Do the following:.
- Advanced settings may be optionally configured by clicking the More options... link. CIS recommends using Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013 to configure advanced rules or filters for email.
- Click Save to create the new rule.
More advanced rule features can be configured by using a desktop email client such as Outlook 2013.