Citrix is an online service for Faculty and Staff that allows you to access your SPU My Documents, Departmental File Shares, and other SPU specific applications from a personal machine or device with internet access. Students who hold student leadership positions may be granted an exception to this rule and should ask their SPU faculty or staff representative to contact the CIS HelpDesk on their behalf.
SPU Managed computers can install Citrix from the Software Center. It's preconfigured and when launched will automatically take users to the home screen where applications can be opened.
Why Should I Use Citrix?
- Use applications you don't have at home (i.e. SPSS & Office 2010)
- Easy set up: you only need to download a small program to start using this service
- Allows you to remotely connect to your SPU machine
- Available on various devices:
- Desktops: Linux, Mac, Windows
- Smart Phones: Android, Blackberry, Windows, iPhone
- Tablets: iPad, BlackBerry Playbook, Windows 8/RT
On a personally owned computer:
- Windows instructions: Citrix Remote Access Personal Computer (Windows)
- Mac instructions: Citrix Remote Access Personally-Owned Macs (OSX)
On a public computer:
- Windows instructions: Citrix Remote Access via Public Computer (Windows)
- Mac instructions: Citrix Remote Access via Public Computer (OSX)
On a smart phone or tablet: