What is direct deposit?
Direct deposit is the fastest way to get your paycheck into your bank account. It is especially convenient for paydays that occur when you are away from campus. Your net earnings are sent electronically to the bank account(s) you specify and will be deposited into your account by 6:00 a.m. on the payday. If you elect to use more than one account, you will need to specify how to split your earnings among the accounts.
How do I set up direct deposit?
In order to receive pay, you will need to set up a direct deposit. All paychecks are processed via this method. You will also want to set up direct deposit for your reimbursements. Reimbursements occur when you incur approved costs for business purposes.
1. Log on to the Banner information system by entering the following in your browser: http://banweb.spu.edu/pls/prod/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin or by going to the main SPU webpage: www.spu.edu, and in the far upper right corner, selecting “My SPU” and “Banner” from the drop down menu.
2. Enter your user name and password.
3. Next, select “Employee Menu”.
4. Select “Employee Pay and Account Menu”
5. Finally, select “Setup Direct Deposit” and continue to follow screen prompts.
6. Do not forget to scroll down on this page to set up direct deposit for those reimbursement amounts that you might receive in the future.
What if I want to change the account or the amount that goes to my direct deposit account?
All changes to direct deposit can now be done through Banner Info System. Just log on and follow these steps (contact the help desk if you have a problem logging into Banner, their phone number is 206-281-2892):
• Click on Employee Menu
• Employee Pay and Account Menu
• Set up Direct Deposit
• Click Continue towards bottom of page
• Scroll down until you come to the section “Payroll Direct Deposit”
• You will see where it says “If you need to set up or modify Payroll, click here”
• You should then be able to change and/or update how you have your direct deposit set up
Will I still receive pay stub information?
As of March 1, 2006, faculty and staff will no longer receive a hard-copy “advice of deposit.“ Instead they will receive an email notification with a link to view their pay stub information in the Banner Info System. Students receive pay information by logging into Banner from the SPU homepage.