Uploading Existing Content
If there are media files already on your computer that you need to upload into TechSmith (from Abode Connect or other media-creation methods), you can do so from the client by doing the following.
- Select Upload→ Add Media and select the files you want to upload
Begin the upload and check back intermittently to the web browser to make sure that the upload was successful.
Leave the Recorder Open
Do not close the client or shut down the computer until the content is fully uploaded. Doing so interrupts the upload and causes it to run much more slowly, making for excessively long upload times.
Creating New Content
If you are creating new content, open the recorder:
- If you are using a sound recording, make sure the audio levels are within the green section, as this ensures higher sound quality.
- Connect to a camera if you are using a webcam.
- Select the display you want to record. You can only record one display at a time, but can move things on and off as needed.
- Press the blue "Test" button if you want to test your recording before getting started.
- When everything is set up, hit the red "Record" button.
- When you have finished your recording, you may preview your video, trim it and give it a title and description.
- When you are ready to upload your recording, press submit. You will need to keep your recorder open during this process, as closing it will significantly slow down the upload time.