Using Live Captions in a Meeting
The feature has been enabled by default for all SPU Zoom hosts. Additionally, there is an option that hosts can enable that allows participants to download the captions. If you would like to adjust these settings, please go to https://spu.zoom.us and click on Settings. You will see the controls that turn features like this on or off in the Meeting Settings (Advanced) section.
- To start Live Captioning, the meeting host will need to click on the Live Transcript button.
- A dialogue box will appear, click on Enable Auto-Transcription
- At this point meeting participants can click the closed captions button to view the captions.
How to save the transcript?
- If the host has allowed you to save transcripts, you can click on the upward arrow next to the CC icon to expand the Live Transcript Option Menu.
- In the option menu, click View Full Transcript.
- In the transcript window, select Save transcript. The transcript file will be saved to the default Zoom folder in the computer.
- To view the file location, click Show.
Need help with your Captions?
If your captions aren't working in your meeting or your students have difficulties with the captions, please reach out to the CIS HelpDesk at email@example.com or at 206-281-2982.