How to Share a Video
- This guide is to share Panopto videos with an audience WIDER than your course. If you add a Panopto video into your course through the Canvas Panopto interface, sharing permissions are automatic.
- It is important to publish content that is uniquely designed and formatted by you.
- Know your audience and keep your content relevant to the target audience.
- It's better to be safe than sorry when sharing media.
- Go to your Panopto account and click the Share tab
- Click the Share button next to the desired video.
- In the Invite People area, type in the names or usernames of the people you wish to share the video with.
- After putting in a list of people, you may write explanations or instructions about the video.
- Then click Send and Save Changes.
Sharing with a wider audience
By clicking on the Specific People tab, you may decide who your audience is.
- This option allows you to chose specific people you would like to share the video with.
- You can search for their names, enter an email address, or search for a specific group.
Anyone at your organization with the link
- Choosing this option will enable viewing access for anyone who can log into your Panopto site and has the direct link.
Anyone at your organization
- This option will enable viewing access for anyone who can log into your Panopto site.
Anyone with the link
- Choosing this option will enable viewing access for anyone on the Internet who has the direct link, no sign-in required.
Once you have selected the best option for your video, click on Save changes to share the video.