Turnitin Video Tutorial
Create a Turnitin Assignment
As an instructor, you can enable Turnitin as part of a new Canvas assignment. Turnitin is enabled on a per-assignment basis in Canvas. Turnitin uses your user role for authentication and uses your Canvas account to create and manage assignments.
- In course Navigation, click the Assignment link.
- Click the Add Assignment (plus sign) button or select an existing assignment that you want to set up Turnitin ( It is only possible when no submission has been made).
- Click "Edit" on the top right corner of the assignment.
- In the Submission Type drop-down menu, select the External Tool option.
- Click the Find button.
- Click the Turnitin tool.
- Click the Select Button.
- If you want to load Turnitin in a new tab, click the Load This Tool In A New Tab checkbox.
- You will also need to Setup your TurnItIn Settings on the assignment, unless you've used TurnItIn before and have previously setup your default settings.
- If you set an Until date for the assignment, students will not be able to access the LTI tool to view their feedback after this date.
- Depending on your LTI configuration, dates created in the assignment may be passed back to Turnitin. Be sure to confirm your dates in the assignment Turnitin settings.
- Differentiated Due Dates do not sync with Turnitin, so an assignment can only have one set of due dates.