Using the Tool
Go to the Disability Support Services page about the Online Text Conversion Tool to get started.
Benefits of SensusAccess
- Convert file types to a more desirable format
- Tool is self-service, individuals do not need an accommodation to use this tool
- Available to anyone at SPU to use
- Single or Multiple files uploaded files can be converted right away (depending on file size and complexity)
- This service is provided only for personal, non-commercial instructional and educational use
- Further distribution of the files received from SensusAccess is prohibited
- The end user is responsible for complying with all applicable requirements of US copyright law in making use of this service
- The end user is liable for any infringement
- Uploaded files need to be less than 64MB
- SensusAccess only supports:
.DOC, .DOCX, .PDF, .PPT, .PPTX, .TXT, .XML, .HTML, .HTM, .RTF, .EPUB, .MOBI, .TIFF, .TIF, .GIF, .JPG, .JPEG, .BMP, .PNG, .PCX, .DCX, .J2K, .JP2, .JPX, .DJV and .ASC.
- File, URL, & Texts are accepted for conversion
- In MP3, can convert to male or female voices
- In MP3, can convert into different languages:
Including: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Welsh, and more.
- Accessibility conversion means you can convert into either: Microsoft word, rich text format, PDF, Microsoft Excel, CSV, Windows text, or an HTML.