You can view reports for an assessment created in New Quizzes. The reports available in New Quizzes are the Quiz and Item Analysis and the Outcomes Analysis. The Quiz and Item Analysis report includes statistics for the entire assessment and individual items. The Outcomes Analysis report includes outcome mastery statistics for all students who took the assessment.
- It may take up to 24 hours for assessment information to display in New Quizzes reports.
- Outcomes associated with questions from item banks do not display in the Outcomes Analysis report.
- If you edit an assessment after students have already attempted the assessment, the Outcomes Analysis report will not include results previous to edits being made.
- In Course Navigation, click the Quizzes link.
Click the title of the assessment to open it
- To open New Quizzes from an existing assessment, click the Build button.
- Click the Reports tab. (shown in image below)
- To open the Quiz and Item Analysis, click the Quiz and Item Analysis link.
The Quiz and Item Analysis report includes two sections: Quiz Analysis and Item Analysis.
The Quiz Analysis includes statistics for overall assessment scores. These statistics include all students who have taken the assessment. The following statistics are available:
- High Score : displays highest percentage score
- Low Score : displays lowest percentage score
- Mean Score : displays average percentage score
- Standard Deviation : represents the amount of variation from the mean score
- Mean Elapsed Time : displays average time to complete assessment
- Cronbach’s Alpha : measures internal consistency of how closely related a set of items are as a group
In the Item Analysis section, you can view statistics for specific questions in an assessment. The following item analysis statistics are available:
- Difficulty Index : shows how hard it is to answer the question correctly. Calculated by dividing the number of correct answers by the number of times the item was included in the assessment.
- Discrimination Index : measures how well a question can tell the difference between students who do well on the exam and those who do not. Calculated by subtracting the bottom 27% of difficulty index scores from the top 27% of difficulty index scores.
- RPB (Point-Biserial Correlation Coefficient) : measures the correlation between a given item and the total score.
- Mean Earned Score : displays average point score.
View more statistics for the assessment. The Answer Frequency Summary chart displays the number and percentage of students who selected each answer choice. The Performance by Quintile bar chart displays the number of students who scored within each percentage quintile. You can also view any outcomes aligned to the question.
Note: The Answer Frequency Summary chart only appears for questions with answer choices.
- To open the Outcomes Analysis, click the Outcomes Analysis link. The Outcomes Analysis includes each student who has completed an assessment and their mastery results for each outcome. To view more details for an outcome, click the name of the outcome.
- Outcomes scores cannot be viewed in the Learning Mastery Gradebook.
- Outcomes may take up to 24 hours to display in New Quizzes after they have been added to an account.
The Outcome Detail page contains performance information for a specific outcome, including number of students who reached mastery , description , average score , and score required to earn mastery . You can also view the number of students who score within each criteria level  and how mastery is calculated .