Copying Content from another Canvas Course
- In course Navigation, click the Settings link.
- Click the Import Content into this Course button.
- In the Content Type drop-down menu, select the Copy a Canvas Course option.
- In the Search for a Course field, type a portion of the course number or name you want to copy content from.
- Check the box below the search field, to include Completed courses in your search.
- Choose how you want to import course content:
- To import all content from the course, select the All Content button (1) - this will include any course settings you previously set up, including start and end dates.
Click the Select specific content button (2), if you want to select specific content- If you click the Select specific content button, you will see the Import button.
- Current jobs section will appear, click the Select Content button.
- Content can be individual items or a content group. Content groups will show the number of items within the group. To view content within a group, click the group's expand icon.
- To import content, click the checkbox next to the content name. If the content type is a group, Canvas will automatically select all items within the group.
If you want to adjust the due dates associated with the course events and assignments, click the Adjust events and due dates checkbox.- If you choose to adjust the due dates, you can either remove dates or shift dates.
- In the shift dates section, you can enter the starting date of the course you are importing and the new date when you want the course to begin, or click the Calendar icon (Same for the ending date).
- You can also explicitly define day substitutions to adjust for changing class schedules, such as moving all assignment on Mondays to Tuesdays.
- Click the Import Button
- The Current Jobs section displays the status of your import. Running reports display a menu bar with the time remaining to complete the import (1)
- If you chose to select specific content in your course, the current job will show as Waiting for Select (2), which means you must select the content you want to import (Step 8).