Keeping Sections Separate Within a Course
Canvas allows you to attach multiple due dates and availability windows to each assignment or graded discussion. This allows you to have assignments due on relevant dates for each section.
You can prevent students from seeing users from other sections in places where students interact with one another, such as discussions, by:
- Go to the "People" tab of your course.
- Click on the setting icon to the right of a student's name and select "User Details."
- On the User Details page, select the "Limit this user to only see fellow section users" privilege. You many have to select the "more user details" option to view privileges.
- Repeat this process for all users in your course.
Splitting Sections into Separate Courses
If you need your sections to be split into two separate courses, contact ETM at (206) 281-2170 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- the name of the course
- the quarter the course is being taught
- the sections that need to be separated out (if not all)
- if any content has been created in the combined course, which, if any, of the separated sections should get that content.